- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1-1.5 cups sugar depending on sweetness
- 1 litre milk (full cream)
- 1.5 – 2 tbsp elaichi (cardamom) powdered
- Dry fruits like cashews, raisins and almond
- Wash the rice and keep it soaked in water for 15 minutes.
- Heat the milk on medium flame. Keep on adding sugar to the milk and keep stirring.
- When the milk starts to boil, add the rice slowly to it. Remember to keep stirring the milk continuously.
- Add cardamon and dry fruits and keep stirring till the milk thickens and the rice is fully cooked.
- Cool the payesh and keep it in refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Garnish as desired and serve chilled